WARRANTY & RETURN POLICY
Having a product fail for no reason is a frustrating experience and here at Fantastic Hobbies we understand that, this is why we will try to resolve the problem as quick as possible.
AUSTRALIAN CONSUMER LAW
Our Returns Policy includes, and does not seek to exclude or limit, the rights you have under the Australian Consumer Law (if you are a consumer) and other relevant laws.
If you are a consumer under the Australian Consumer Law:
- All goods sold by Fantastic Hobbies come with guarantees that cannot be excluded under the Australian Consumer law (ACL). You are entitled to a replacement or refund for a major failure. You are also entitled to have the goods replaced or repaired if the goods fail to be of acceptable quality and the failure does not amount to a major failure.
- Your rights under the Australian Consumer Law are not limited by a defined time. However, the Australian Consumer Law does recognize that the relevant time period for which a remedy may be available can vary from product to product, depending on factors such as the nature of the product and the price. Therefore, as you can understand, the type of remedy we can offer you may also vary depending on how long it takes you to return the product.
Fantastic Hobbies only offers manufacturer’s warranty, if a product is deemed DOA (Dead On Arrival) within the first 30 days the product will be either replaced or refunded, this is determined by the supplier or the vendor/manufacturer. If the product has failed after the 30 grace period you will need to contact the vendor/manufacturer for warranty, if for some reason the vendor/manufacturer has no warranty contact we will assist in raising an RMA and supplying you with the details, it is your responsibility to return the product to the vendor/manufacturer unless stated otherwise.
LODGING A WARRANTY CLAIM
Before lodging a Warranty Claim we will need proof of purchase, we will also offer minor technical support, for more major issues there is a technical support number with the vendor please click here for more information.
If the issue cannot be resolved you will need to contact us so we can make a warranty claim with the suppliers, we will provide you the details of where the faulty product will need to be sent too for either repairs or replacement or a refund. (A refund will only be supplied if the product has a major problem).
WHEN YOU ARE NOT ENTITLED TO A REFUND OR EXCHANGE OF PRODUCT/S
Under the Australian Consumer Law, you have the right to return a product and get a refund/store credit or exchange if the product does not meet certain consumer guarantees – for example, if the product is faulty.
You do not have a right to return a product if you:
- Changed your mind and no longer want the product
- Ordered the wrong product
- Found the product cheaper elsewhere
- Found a better product elsewhere
- Were aware of the relevant fault before buying the product (such as if the fault was written on the product’s tag, or for online purchases, indicated in any photos or descriptions of the item online)
- Damaged the product by misusing it
- Used the product for a long time and the problem is as a result of usual wear and tear.
RETURN THE FAULTY PRODUCT
You are responsible for all shipping costs of returning the product/s, we recommend using a courier like Transdirect but if you cannot get a courier we recommend Auspost.
If using Auspost please make sure you have signature on delivery, insurance and the correct details are placed on the packaging. Also make sure all products are neatly packaged with either bubble wrap or some sort of product protection within the box.
If you believe the item/s are to heavy/bulky you will need to contact the vendor/manufacturer if they can organize shipping, (this is normally only approved if the product is a DOA or replacement parts cannot be supplied).
Fantastic Hobbies will not be accountable for any missing/damaged products during transport.
PRODUCT TESTING AFTER WARRANTY RETURNS
After the product is returned Fantastic Hobbies or the supplier will do some testing to make sure there is a fault.
If no fault is found you will need to pay for the shipping costs to have it returned to you, we will create you an order just for shipping you will NOT be able to use Humm or Afterpay to cover this cost.